Fermentation started at last
Yay! My CO2 system has finally supplying CO2 bubbles to my tank. Yesterday, I’m really eager to go back home, to see how my CO2 system is. I’m kinda dissapointed and worry that time since I can’t see any bubbles being produced yet, fearing the yeasts are dead while I’m preparing the mixture.
But when I woke up this morning, I’m glad to see that finally co2 bubbles are moving in the reactor. I guess the keyword here is PATIENCE.
But at first, the bubbles didn’t move smoothly. Until a point, it stop there, and 2 to 3 bubbles will arrive at the same point, merging to be a larger bubble, then only it starts move really fast. It’s a waste actually due to only a little are dissolved into the water, and the most of it escaped to the surface.
I remember reading from forum of the person that is using the same thing as mine. The tip is to tilt the reactor a bit. I’ve done that, and the bubbles move smoothly and slowly after that.
I can’t stop staring at those bubbles rising to the top of the reactor. It looks so beautiful
Read the rest of the stories relating to this planted aquarium project:
- Getting things for pilot try of planted aquarium
- Setting up planted aquarium (phase 1)
- Setting up planted aquarium (stranded)
- Setting up planted aquarium (phase 2)
- Final goods shopping for this aquarium
- Experimenting with water temperature
- Installing CO2 system
- Fermentation started, CO2 bubbles start flowing in
- More CO2 bubbles
- Worrying about pH and excess CO2 over the night
- Getting aquarium cleaners
- Getting final fishes for the aquarium
- Plants trimming