Aquarium plants trimming
It’s almost been 4 weeks already since I last finished setting up my mini planted aquarium. When you are seeing it everyday, there are much changes that you can see, as if there is no change at all. But after putting the photo from the very first time and the current photo side to side, then I realized there are quite substantial changes that happened.
4 weeks ago
CO2 fertilization and good light do make the plants in my aquarium grows rapidly. There is not much open space left for the fishes to swim and roam freely. I think it’s time to trim those plants.
I don’t consider I’m doing aquascaping here. Aquascaping is art, and Imran + Art = Disaster. I just simply get a pair scissor, and cut those long stem.
After cutting here and there, this is the final look of my mini planted aquarium now.
Aaahhhh.. More open space now for my fishes to swim around and chasing each other (especially my Zebra Danio).
Read the rest of the stories relating to this planted aquarium project:
- Getting things for pilot try of planted aquarium
- Setting up planted aquarium (phase 1)
- Setting up planted aquarium (stranded)
- Setting up planted aquarium (phase 2)
- Final goods shopping for this aquarium
- Experimenting with water temperature
- Installing CO2 system
- Fermentation started, CO2 bubbles start flowing in
- More CO2 bubbles
- Worrying about pH and excess CO2 over the night
- Getting aquarium cleaners
- Getting final fishes for the aquarium
- Plants trimming