Getting final fishes for the mini planted aquarium
Today, I just got final fishes that I will put into my mini planted aquarium. This small tank seems crowded already, therefore this will be the final fish stockup.
I haven’t got bottom dwellers yet for this aquarium where I have Panda corydoras for my previous aquarium. This time, I still get corydoras, and the are Julii corydoras. And another fish that I get is green fluorescent Japanese Rice Fish (Oryzias latipes). That should complete my community tank.
The video below shows a busy hour in my aquarium at dinner time. The video was taken just right after I release the julii corydoras and japanese rice fish to the aquarium after acclimating them. It will be lights off after that, and I’ve put air stone in advance.
Read the rest of the stories relating to this planted aquarium project:
- Getting things for pilot try of planted aquarium
- Setting up planted aquarium (phase 1)
- Setting up planted aquarium (stranded)
- Setting up planted aquarium (phase 2)
- Final goods shopping for this aquarium
- Experimenting with water temperature
- Installing CO2 system
- Fermentation started, CO2 bubbles start flowing in
- More CO2 bubbles
- Worrying about pH and excess CO2 over the night
- Getting aquarium cleaners
- Getting final fishes for the aquarium
- Plants trimming